WestMass ElderCare is here for you, during COVID-19 and every day
By Roseann Martoccia, Executive Director
Although the COVID-19 pandemic has profoundly impacted the way we live and work these last few months, WestMass ElderCare (WMEC) is still here for you and your family!
WMEC staff is actively responding to the needs of our clients and delivering services in the safest way possible throughout this evolving situation. Our staff is available telephonically, by email or by video chat Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm. Here are some of the many ways we can help:
- Our Community Resource Specialists (CRS) continue to take new referrals for home care services daily. A CRS is the first person you may speak to when contacting WMEC. They listen, assess your needs, answer questions and help navigate referrals and resources to our programs and other services in the community.
- WMEC Care Managers provide frequent telephonic support and phone “check-ins” for all program consumers. We work with our direct care vendors to plan for services in the home. All of our direct care staff are equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE). We will work with you and your caregivers to arrange for services that follow current guidance for contactless delivery and/or use precautions and PPE.
- We can provide PPE for consumers and family caregivers. Masks, gloves and face shields are available upon request.
- New services have been designed to both meet COVID Care recovery needs and deliver care safely in the home.
- WMEC Nursing Staff conduct telephonic assessments to assess and monitor consumers’ physical and mental health. They assist with discharges from nursing facilities back to home.
- Our Meals on Wheels delivers! WMEC’s nutrition staff and drivers wear masks and gloves, follow strict social distancing protocols, and make contactless deliveries to protect their health and that of our consumers. Meal options include daily delivery, a seven day frozen pack option and meals for the weekend if needed.
- A virtual gathering is held weekly to connect and support our LGBTQ+ Community. Visit https://www.wmeldercare.org/lgbtq/ for more information.
- WMEC provides critical Caregiver Supports including strategies for those caring for a loved one with dementia or chronic conditions, or raising grandchildren.
If you or someone you know needs our services, please contact us! We are here to answer your questions and listen to your concerns. We are ready to provide the services you need now and in the future. Reach us at 413.538.9020 or email email@example.com and let us know how we can help.