Find information about both options below:
WestMass ElderCare provides Supportive Housing in three housing sites located in Chicopee and South Hadley. Supportive Housing offers residents the following supports:
- On-call staff available to all residents for unforeseen and unplanned personal care assistance, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Lunch Program— Daily family-style gatherings offer residents hot nutritious meals, as well as an opportunity to socialize with friends and neighbors.
Additional Support Services
- Service coordination and care management
- Regularly needed personal care and homemaking, including laundry, grocery shopping, rubbish removal and more
- Medication reminders
- Congregate style and home delivered meals
- Personal emergency response systems
- Social and educational programs
Birch Bark Place
630 Chicopee Street
Chicopee, MA 01013
400 Britton Street
Chicopee, MA 01020
93 Canal Street
South Hadley, MA. 01075
Residents who do not qualify for state-funded Home Care services may consult with the Resident Services Coordinator regarding available community options.
Housing Applications for Birch Bark and Fairhaven can be made to Chicopee Housing Authority 413.592.6132.
Applicants for Hubert Place Supportive Housing should call 413.539.6001 for an application.
The Holyoke Congregate Housing Program is a residential, shared living arrangement for 20 individuals. It is a housing option which fosters independence, provides supportive services, allows privacy and encourages companionship.
- Age 60 or older or an adult under age 60 with a disability
- Meet income guidelines for a rental housing subsidy. Tenants pay 30% of net monthly income for rent
- Able to function independently with supportive services
- Interested in the social interactions of a shared living environment.
- Private bedroom with kitchenette and private half bathroom
- Shared full shower bathrooms
- Shared living room, dining room, kitchen, library, crafts room, laundry
- Air conditioned
- Open porch
- Barrier free rooms
- Supportive Services from home care and community resources including:
- Personal Care Assistance
- Grocery Shopping
- Meal Plan
- Adult Day Health & Social Day Care
- Home Health Services
- Emergency Response System
WestMass ElderCare Information and Referral Department 413.538.9020