Group Adult Foster Care
Making Life Easier One Consumer at a Time, Assistance with Daily Activities
The Group Adult Foster Care Program provides daily assistance with personal care services and case management services for MassHealth members age 22 and older who meet the clinical criteria for the program, and reside in a protected housing environment such as assisted living residences or some types of elderly and disabled housing.
Types of Services Provided
- Personal Care Assistance
- Case Management
- Nurse Monitoring
- Community based collaboration and referrals for social integration
To be eligible for the Group Adult Foster Program you must possess the following:
- Be a MassHealth member
- Must meet the financial criteria established to be eligible to reside in an assisted living residence or some types of elderly and disabled housing.
- Must be 22 years of age or older.
- Requires a Physician’s Summary confirming the appropriateness of the GAFC Services.
- Requires daily assistance with at least one activity of daily living, such as bathing or dressing.
- Requires clinical approval from MassHealth.
If you need daily assistance to maintain optimal independence for living within the community, please contact our WestMass ElderCare Information and Referral Specialists at (413)538-9020.