Family Caregiver Support
Caring For Your Loved Ones
Family Caregiver Support for a loved one can be one of the most rewarding things you will ever do in your lifetime. It can also be one of life’s most stressful undertakings.
WestMass ElderCare’s Family Caregiver Support services are available to those who care for:
- An adult age 60 years or older or
- An adult of any age with Alzheimer’s Disease
- A grandparent or relative caregiver (not a parent) (age 55 years or older) caring for grandchildren age 18 years or younger, or an adult disabled child between the age of 19 and 59.
Family Caregiver Support Program:
- Counseling and caregiver resources
- Support Groups
- Caregiving training for assistance with decision making, problem-solving, etc.
- Respite care to allow the caregiver time away from the day-to-day duties of caregiving
- Supplemental Services and/or financial assistance for the caregiver or care recipient to purchase needed care items like grab bars, emergency response system, etc.
- Information/Outreach is provided to the public or individual caregivers on resources and services within their own communities.
We want you to feel supported and comfortable in your caregiving role. For more information, please call our WestMass ElderCare Information and Referral Specialists at (413)538-9020