Employment and Volunteering
Experience the Joys of Doing Great Work, and Make a Few Friends Along the Way.
Scroll Down to View Current Employment Opportunities
- Home Delivered Meal Driver
- Technical Coordinator
WestMass ElderCare is a dynamic human service agency comprised of a caring, competent and professional staff. Direct care staff receive satisfaction from providing needed services to elders and disabled individuals in our area. Support staff know that they provide the necessary infrastructure to make WestMass ElderCare’s mission a reality. In addition to a salary commensurate with the responsibilities and qualifications necessary for the job, the following benefits are provided for full time staff:
Health Insurance – Three generous plans to choose from.
- Dental Insurance for the employee and eligible family members at no cost to the employee.
- Tax Shelter Annuity – the agency will match up to 7% of the employee’s salary.
- Retirement Program – a defined contribution plan at no cost to the employee.
- Life insurance policy equivalent to annual salary at no cost to the employee.
- Generous vacation accrual.
- Generous sick time accrual.
- Two personal days after the first year of employment.
- Twelve paid holidays.
- Pre-tax deductions for medical and child care expenses.
- Regular in-services and training opportunities.
- Travel reimbursement at the current IRS allowable deduction rate.
- A full time work week of 35 hours.
WestMass ElderCare has a variety of volunteer and internship (unpaid) opportunities which improve the quality of life of the individuals we serve. Internship opportunities are available for Bachelor level social workers, Registered Nurses and Nutrition students. Contact our Human Resources Department to discuss your interests at 413 538-9020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
An Ombudsman visits residents of area nursing and rest homes every week to hear their concerns. They help to promote the belief that each of us has the right to a quality life, and that this right should be protected. Ombudsmen also believe that through their efforts, they can make a difference in the life of someone who needs them. Ombudsmen (Scandinavian word meaning representative of the people) are trained and certified by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs. He/she receives and investigates complaints, in confidence, on behalf of residents, their families and other interested parties. They provide information and referral to connect people with available long term care and community resources. For more information please contact our Ombudsman Director, Elba Pires-Morgado at 413-538-9020 Ext. 331.A Money Management Volunteer assists low income, frail elders with paying bills, writing checks, budgeting and balancing a checkbook. The goal is to facilitate the elder’s continued at-home, independent lifestyle. For more information please contact our Money Management Program Director Sheryl Eaton at 413-538-9020 Ext. 303.
WestMass ElderCare is an EOE/AA Employer.
thesis computer game addiction journalism ghostwriter service cialis hebron thesis statement examples english essay term paper example format how to write the introduction to a research paper most dangerous game essay qualities for resume go site essays on art go site https://caberfaepeaks.com/school/1daytermpaperhelp-com/27/ annotated bibliography source maker common app transfer essay help ideas for a research paper for college top research paper writers sites for university pursuing cpa on resume https://bonusfamilies.com/lecture/graphic-organizers-for-essay-writing/21/ business research methods case study ventolin breastfeeding about relationship essay http://hyperbaricnurses.org/14161-cheap-viagra-in-australia/ abraham lincoln essay dissertation help glasgow https://raseproject.org/treat/viagra-faywood/97/ see diwali festival on essay enter site https://www.guidelines.org/blog/thesis-abstract-about-reading/93/ uic graduate college thesis manual source link inspector calls essay HOME DELIVERED MEAL DRIVERS deliver meals to homebound consumers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers daily meals as assigned to homebound elders in a sanitary and sensitive manner.
- Keeps accurate records and receipts, as required by the Nutrition Program, pertaining to delivery routes and the number of meals delivered.
- Reports to the Site Manager or the Home Delivered Meal Supervisor on a daily basis, any problems, noticeable changes in the health status of the consumers, or absence of a client when delivering the meal.
- Ensures that proper temperature and sanitation controls are in effect throughout the delivery process.
- Must provide personal and reliable transportation.
- Must have a good driving record and maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to use a GPS or find locations using a map
- Must be able to be flexible regarding routes and time of work.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license.
Satisfactory driving record.
Satisfactory CORI check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to enter and exit the motor vehicle up to 40 times per day.
- Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs.
- Must maintain regular and consistent attendance.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to ambulate independently.
Please send a resume to email@example.com
The Coordinator is responsible for working with the IT partner and other providers to respond to and support the technology needs of staff and facilitate efficient and effective use of technology equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the New User Set Up spreadsheet on the S: drive to document the establishment of new accounts for onboarding staff, including email accounts.
- Work with supervisors to coordinate new user setup of all technology equipment needed, assisting supervisors with the Set Up Form for New/Transferring Staff as needed.
- Assist new users on their first day with orientation to their computer login, email login, contacting IT Support, InOut Board, setting up all aspects of their phone account including the UCX app as needed, and related needs.
- Communicate with SIMS Support to set up SIMS and HAR accounts.
- Work with service vendors, including IT service provider, alarm company, phone vendors Verizon and TPX, Comcast and Holyoke Gas and Electric (internet) to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Monitor email accounts, including group email accounts, to assure they are disabled when no longer active.
- Maintain all agency cell phones and related online accounts with up to date information.
- Maintain the computer, jetpack, scanner and camera inventory and serve as back up to the Operations Manager for the maintenance of the laptop lock inventory.
- Work with IT provider to promptly disable all accounts of termed staff, and update the New User Set Up spreadsheet with documentation of closed accounts upon notification by Human Resources.
- Coordinate laptop repairs with IT provider.
- Administer the PatientPing account.
- Work with management to assist database developers with troubleshooting and enhancements for agency databases including AFCHome, PCM Database, and SCO Database.
- Assist user with phone, Jetpack, Smart TV, Smart Board, laptop, sound system for webinars and presentations as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES CONTINUED:
- Possesses familiarity with personal computers, printers and other related equipment.
- Possesses the ability and willingness to become proficient in SIMS, UCx functionality and reports and other relevant software applications.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Google Suite software.
- Possesses initiative and self-direction.
- Possesses the ability to organize and prioritize work to best meet agency needs.
- Must possess leadership and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a changing environment.
- Must possess the ability to teach others computer information and skills commensurate with their level of understanding and education.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org