Employment and Volunteering
Experience the Joys of Doing Great Work, and Make a Few Friends Along the Way.
Scroll Down to View Current Employment Opportunities
- Director of Operations and Compliance
WestMass ElderCare is a dynamic human service agency comprised of a caring, competent and professional staff. Direct care staff receive satisfaction from providing needed services to elders and disabled individuals in our area. Support staff know that they provide the necessary infrastructure to make WestMass ElderCare’s mission a reality. In addition to a salary commensurate with the responsibilities and qualifications necessary for the job, the following benefits are provided for full time staff:
Health Insurance – Three generous plans to choose from.
- Dental Insurance for the employee and eligible family members at no cost to the employee.
- Tax Shelter Annuity – the agency will match up to 7% of the employee’s salary.
- Retirement Program – a defined contribution plan at no cost to the employee.
- Life insurance policy equivalent to annual salary at no cost to the employee.
- Generous vacation accrual.
- Generous sick time accrual.
- Two personal days after the first year of employment.
- Twelve paid holidays.
- Pre-tax deductions for medical and child care expenses.
- Regular in-services and training opportunities.
- Travel reimbursement at the current IRS allowable deduction rate.
- A full time work week of 35 hours.
WestMass ElderCare has a variety of volunteer and internship (unpaid) opportunities which improve the quality of life of the individuals we serve. Internship opportunities are available for Bachelor level social workers, Registered Nurses and Nutrition students. Contact our Human Resources Department to discuss your interests at 413 538-9020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
An Ombudsman visits residents of area nursing and rest homes every week to hear their concerns. They help to promote the belief that each of us has the right to a quality life, and that this right should be protected. Ombudsmen also believe that through their efforts, they can make a difference in the life of someone who needs them. Ombudsmen (Scandinavian word meaning representative of the people) are trained and certified by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs. He/she receives and investigates complaints, in confidence, on behalf of residents, their families and other interested parties. They provide information and referral to connect people with available long term care and community resources. For more information please contact our Ombudsman Director, Elba Pires-Morgado at 413-538-9020 Ext. 331.A Money Management Volunteer assists low income, frail elders with paying bills, writing checks, budgeting and balancing a checkbook. The goal is to facilitate the elder’s continued at-home, independent lifestyle. For more information please contact our Money Management Program Director Sheryl Eaton at 413-538-9020 Ext. 303.
WestMass ElderCare is an EOE/AA Employer.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS AND COMPLIANCE
The Director of Operations and Compliance is responsible for overseeing contract compliance and details of internal operations and managing all contracts with the Agency from payers, vendors and as related to security. The Director of Operations and Compliance is responsible for the daily oversight and coordination of various programs within the Agency. This individual represents the corporation in the absence of the Executive Director or when delegated. This position is part of WMEC’s Senior Management and leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains leadership role in operational activities of program development and implementation. This includes appropriately responding to ongoing budgetary information and new contract proposals, implementation and/or modification.
- Responds to the needs of consumers in the WestMass ElderCare service area by assisting with the research, development and implementation of new programs.
- Act as Agency advocate and work with community partners to identify service gaps and to provide technical assistance impacting consumers and the community.
- Provides oversight for the implementation of all of the Executive Office of Elder Affairs’ Program Instructions, Information Memoranda, EOHHS contracts and correspondence, MassHealth bulletins and other federal and state regulations and statutory changes.
- Participates as a member of Senior Management of WestMass ElderCare by contributing towards the effective operations, compliance with the mission, quality assurance, and quality of service of WestMass ElderCare by providing leadership and direction for current and future operations by developing and implementing policies, procedures and quality improvement standards.
- Serves as official representative of the Agency in the absence of the Executive Director and/or when requested by the Executive Director. Serves as liaison with agency counsel and collaborates with the ED on legal matters.
- Coordinates agency response to RFRs and other applications as needed.
- Reviews all Agency contracts and grants before they are signed; and maintains ultimate responsibility for paper and electronic files on all corporation contracts, grants and other official documents.
- Provides oversight for the following: Personal Care Management Program, Contracts and Compliance Manager, Adult Family Care Program, and other programs as needed.
- Works with the Executive Director and Care Alliance of W MA Managers to oversee the effective operation, performance and quality of the LTSS Community Partner project, its partners, ACOs/MCOs and EOHHS/MassHealth.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Master’s degree preferred with at least five years of demonstrated increased experience in an operations and/or compliance position as well as supervisory responsibilities.
- Previous experience in health care, home and community care for persons who use long term services and supports preferred.
- Must possess strong organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals objectives, policies and procedures, etc.
- Must possess the proven ability to compile and effectively present complex concepts and processes to achieve a level of learning to the group.
- Must possess proven ability to deal effectively with conflict by using collaboration, compromise and leadership.
- Must possess the ability to educate others commensurate with their level of understanding and education.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, consumers, vendors, family members, state agencies/personnel, regulators, funders, third party payers and the general public.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of software applications (Word, Excel, Google suite and other web based applications as required.)
Please send a resume to email@example.com