Employment and Volunteering
Experience the Joys of Doing Great Work, and Make a Few Friends Along the Way.
Scroll Down to View Current Employment Opportunities
- Geriatric Support Service Coordinator
- Home Delivered Meal Driver
- RN or LPN Per Diem PCM Program
WestMass ElderCare is a dynamic human service agency comprised of a caring, competent and professional staff. Direct care staff receive satisfaction from providing needed services to elders and disabled individuals in our area. Support staff know that they provide the necessary infrastructure to make WestMass ElderCare’s mission a reality. In addition to a salary commensurate with the responsibilities and qualifications necessary for the job, the following benefits are provided for full time staff:
Health Insurance – Three generous plans to choose from.
- Dental Insurance for the employee and eligible family members at no cost to the employee.
- Tax Shelter Annuity – the agency will match up to 7% of the employee’s salary.
- Retirement Program – a defined contribution plan at no cost to the employee.
- Life insurance policy equivalent to annual salary at no cost to the employee.
- Generous vacation accrual.
- Generous sick time accrual.
- Two personal days after the first year of employment.
- Twelve paid holidays.
- Pre-tax deductions for medical and child care expenses.
- Regular in-services and training opportunities.
- Travel reimbursement at the current IRS allowable deduction rate.
- A full time work week of 35 hours.
WestMass ElderCare has a variety of volunteer and internship (unpaid) opportunities which improve the quality of life of the individuals we serve. Internship opportunities are available for Bachelor level social workers, Registered Nurses and Nutrition students. Contact our Human Resources Department to discuss your interests at 413 538-9020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
An Ombudsman visits residents of area nursing and rest homes every week to hear their concerns. They help to promote the belief that each of us has the right to a quality life, and that this right should be protected. Ombudsmen also believe that through their efforts, they can make a difference in the life of someone who needs them. Ombudsmen (Scandinavian word meaning representative of the people) are trained and certified by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs. He/she receives and investigates complaints, in confidence, on behalf of residents, their families and other interested parties. They provide information and referral to connect people with available long term care and community resources. For more information please contact our Ombudsman Director, Elba Pires-Morgado at 413-538-9020 Ext. 331.A Money Management Volunteer assists low income, frail elders with paying bills, writing checks, budgeting and balancing a checkbook. The goal is to facilitate the elder’s continued at-home, independent lifestyle. For more information please contact our Money Management Program Director Sheryl Eaton at 413-538-9020 Ext. 303.
WestMass ElderCare is an EOE/AA Employer.
GERIATRIC SUPPORT SERVICE COORDINATOR (GSSC)
The Geriatric Support Service Coordinator serves as Bi-Lingual/Bicultural Caremanager. He/She engages in activities designed toward eliminating barriers and improving the conditions and well-being of Hispanic clients. The GSSC as a member of the interdisciplinary elder care team is an integral component of the community care and long-term care management system for clients. The GSSC is directly involved in the processes of assessment, service planning and coordination, advocacy, problem solving, and gatekeeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with institutional and community service organizations in order to effectively utilize all available resources for elders.
- As a member of the Primary Care Team (PCT), (physician, RN, or physician assistant) participates in the initial and ongoing assessments of the health and functional status of enrollees, including determining appropriateness for institutional long term care services and developing community-based care plans and related service packages necessary to improve or maintain an enrollee’s health and functional status.
- Arranges and, with the agreement and authorization of the PCT and in accordance with requirements set forth by SCO, coordinates the provision of appropriate community long term care and social services and instrumental activities of daily living, housing, home-delivered meals and transportation etc.
- Authorizes a range of community-based services based on specific conditions or circumstances established by the SCO and the PCT.
- Ensures that referrals for service are made to Commonwealth Care Alliance’s (CCA) contracted provider network.
- Provides CCA with regular feedback regarding vendor performance.
- Tracks enrollee’s transfers from one setting to another and adjusts the service plan as deemed appropriate by the PCT and in accordance with requirements set forth by the SCO.
- Participates in the CCA’s task force and committee functions as requested and as time permits.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant social service field from an accredited college and two years’ professional experience in the care of persons over the age of 65, with at least one year involving work in a setting where persons over 65 receive health-care services.
- License in Social Work preferred.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully in the multidisciplinary team.
- Of Hispanic cultural and linguistic background, with the ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish (orally and written).
Please send resume to: email@example.com. (e-mail preferred). AA/EOE
HOME DELIVERED MEAL DRIVERS deliver meals to homebound consumers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers daily meals as assigned to homebound elders in a sanitary and sensitive manner.
- Keeps accurate records and receipts, as required by the Nutrition Program, pertaining to delivery routes and the number of meals delivered.
- Reports to the Site Manager or the Home Delivered Meal Supervisor on a daily basis, any problems, noticeable changes in the health status of the consumers, or absence of a client when delivering the meal.
- Ensures that proper temperature and sanitation controls are in effect throughout the delivery process.
- Must provide personal and reliable transportation.
- Must have a good driving record and maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to use a GPS or find locations using a map
- Must be able to be flexible regarding routes and time of work.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license.
Satisfactory driving record.
Satisfactory CORI check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to enter and exit the motor vehicle up to 40 times per day.
- Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs.
- Must maintain regular and consistent attendance.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to ambulate independently.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTERED NURSE or LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE – PERSONAL CARE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM (Per Diem)
The Registered Nurse participates in evaluation of potential program participants in their homes and provides on-going re-evaluations of program participants. The LPN conducts re-evaluations under the supervision of an RN.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all state, federal and agency regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to the PCM Program and WestMass ElderCare’s mission.
- Evaluates the consumer’s physical and cognitive condition and resulting functional limitations to determine the consumer’s ability to benefit from personal care assistance services.
- Provides a determination of the scope and type of personal care services to be provided to consumers. Accurately represents the consumer’s need for physical assistance with ADLs and IADLs.
- Schedules and provides re-evaluation of consumers according to timeliness set forth in regulations.
- Completes brief assessment of Consumer’s ability to manage program.
- Attends meetings as directed by the Program Director and RN Coordinator.
- Maintains regular contact with RN Coordinator or Program Director, for work assignments and delivery of completed evaluations and assessments.
- Availability for mutually agreed upon number of cases per month.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Has the ability and willingness to support the goals and policies of WestMass ElderCare.
- Diploma from an accredited nursing program.
- Valid license to practice as a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse in the Commonwealth of MA.
- Referral to appropriate agency and/or service
- Consulting with Program Director and/or RN Coordinator and with other appropriate agency and non-agency staff regarding the nursing evaluation and the consumer’s needs.
- Understanding and acceptance of the role of the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse at WestMass ElderCare.
Please apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com