True Companionship is Never Far Away
To be eligible for Congregate Housing, an individual must be:
- Age 60 or older or an adult under age 60 with a disability
- Meet income guidelines for a rental housing subsidy. Tenants pay 30% of net monthly income for rent
- Able to function independently with supportive services
- Interested in the social interactions of a shared living environment.
The Holyoke Congregate Housing Program is a residential, shared living arrangement for 20 individuals. It is a housing option which fosters independence, provides supportive services, allows privacy and encourages companionship.
To Apply for Congregate Housing
Call Holyoke Housing Authority at (413)539-2228 or WestMass ElderCare (I&R) Information and Referral Department (413)538-9020
Holyoke Congregate House, completed in 1995, features a 2-story colonial building located on the grounds of the Geriatric Authority of Holyoke, near Route 91 and the Ingleside Mall of Holyoke.
- Private bedroom with kitchenette and private half bathroom
- Shared full shower bathrooms
- Shared living room, dining room, kitchen, library, crafts room, laundry
- Air conditioned
- Open porch
- Barrier free rooms
- Supportive Services from home care and community resources including:
- Personal Care Assistance
- Grocery Shopping
- Meal Plan
- Adult Day Health & Social Day Care
- Home Health Services
- Emergency Response System